Skip to content
Scroll To Top
Edward Dixon, Ph.D
Investigator Research Interests
- Research Health Scientist, GRECC, VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System
- Professor of Neurological Surgery and Neurotrauma Chair, University of Pittsburgh
- Vice Chair, Research, and Director, Brain Trauma Research Center, University of Pittsburgh
What are the 3 most important questions that define your research program?
- Mechanisms of induction and recovery of functional deficits following traumatic brain injury; models of traumatic brain injury; clinical studies of pharmacotherapy in TBI patients
- Neurotransmitter agonist therapies for recovery of post traumatic functional deficits
- Models of traumatic brain injury; clinical studies of pharmacotherapy in TBI patients
What are five key words that best describe your areas of interest?
- Functional Deficits
What are up to 5 technologies, models, methods, analytical approaches or other forms of expertise that characterize your research program?
- Animal models of traumatic brain injury
- Behavioral testing
- Western blots