Skip to content
Scroll To Top
Dandan Sun, M.D., Ph.D.
Investigator Research Interests
- Biological Researcher, VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System
- Professor of Neurology, University of Pittsburgh
What are the 3 most important questions that define your research program?
- Ionic dysregulation in ischemic stroke
- Ion Transporters in brain injury after ischemic stroke
- Ion transporters in promoting glioma progression
What are five key words that best describe your areas of interest?
- Ischemic stroke
- Traumatic injury
- Ion transporters
- ER stress
What are up to 5 technologies, models, methods, analytical approaches or other forms of expertise that characterize your research program?
- Focal ischemia model
- Traumatic injury model
- Glioma tumor model
- Primary cultures of neurons, astrocytes, microglia, and glioma