Skip to content
Scroll To Top
Xiaoming Hu, M.D., Ph.D.
Investigator Research Interests
- Research Investigator, GRECC, VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System
- Passistant Professor of Neurology, University of Pittsburgh
What are the 3 most important questions that define your research program?
- Investigate microglia/macrophage responses after stroke
- Explore “recovery-enhancing drugs” that not only promote gray matter integrity but also enhance white matter recovery after stroke
- Explore the role of regulatory T cells in ischemic stroke
What are five key words that best describe your areas of interest?
- Regulatory T cells
- White matter injury
What are up to 5 technologies, models, methods, analytical approaches or other forms of expertise that characterize your research program?
- Animal models of ischemic stroke
- Primary cell cultures for neuron-glial cell interaction
- Molecular biology and immunohistochemistry
- Immune cell preparation and adoptive transfer
- Flow cytometry and cell sorting