William D. Hula, Ph.D., CCC-SLP
Investigator Research Interests
- VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System Audiology and Speech Pathology Program
- VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System GRECC
- University of Pittsburgh Department of Communication Science and Disorders
What are the 3 most important questions that define your research program?
- How do cognitive and neuroanatomical models of language performance inform our understanding of aphasia and aphasia recovery?
- How can cognitive-psychometric models of language performance and patient-reported outcomes in aphasia be used to develop more valid and efficient assessment tools?
- What are the optimal methods for treatment of aphasia and what are the factors that predict and explain treatment outcomes?
What are five key words that best describe your areas of interest?
- Rehabilitation of Speech and Language Disorders
- Bayesian Analysis
What are up to 5 technologies, models, methods, analytical approaches or other forms of expertise that characterize your research program?
- Bayesian multilevel modelling
- Item response theory
- Computer adaptive testing
- High definition fiber tractography