Margaret Zupa, MD
Dr. Margaret Zupa works as a Center for Health Equity Research and Promotion-associated research fellow with her primary mentor, Dr. Ann-Marie Rosland. Dr. Zupa and Dr. Rosland study engagement of Veterans and their family in diabetes self-management and care. The ultimate goal of their research is to help Veterans and their families leverage the beneficial effects of social support on health behaviors and clinical outcomes.
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism, University of Pittsburgh
3 most important questions that define research program:
We assess the impact of a patient and family supporter engagement intervention among Veterans at high risk of diabetes complications on:
- The specific roles that family supporters play and the support techniques they use.
- Diabetes treatment intensification.
- Adherence rates to diabetes and blood pressure medications.
5 key words:
- Social support
- Chronic disease
- Health behavior
- Type 2 diabetes
What are up to 5 technologies, models, methods, analytical approaches or other forms of expertise that characterize your research program?
- Mixed methods studies
- Linear mixed-effects modeling
- Interactive voice response calls
- Health coach interventions
- Patient activation interventions