Skip to content
Scroll To Top
Jie Fan, M.D.
Investigator Research Interests
- Research Investigator, Director of Surgical Research, VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System
- Professor of Surgery (General/Trauma/Acute Care Surgery), University of Pittsburgh
What are the 3 most important questions that define your research program?
- How does trauma promote the development of multiple organ dysfunction syndrome (MODS) In patients?
- How does trauma regulate immunity?
- Can we prevent trauma patients from developing MODS?
What are five key words that best describe your areas of interest?
- Acute lung injury
- Inflammatory signaling
- Innate immune cells interaction
- Cell death
- Cell priming
What are up to 5 technologies, models, methods, analytical approaches or other forms of expertise that characterize your research program?
- Animal models of trauma and inflammation
- Primary cell models of cell-cell interaction
- Intracellular molecule imaging
- In vivo innate immune cell depletion and repletion