Jessica Bon Field, M.D., M.S.
Investigator Research Interests
- Pulmonary Research, VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System
- Assistant Professor Of Medicine (PACCM), University of Pittsburgh
What are the 3 most important questions that define your research program?
- What is the clinical phenotype of individuals with COPD and musculoskeletal disease?
- How does autoimmunity and systemic inflammation contribute to bone mineral density loss in COPD?
- What role does autoimmunity and systemic inflammation play in muscle atrophy in COPD?
What are five key words that best describe your areas of interest?
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Systemic inflammation
What are up to 5 technologies, models, methods, analytical approaches or other forms of expertise that characterize your research program?
- Longitudinal cohort of veterans with moderate to severe COPD with detailed clinical, physiologic, molecular, and radiographic phenotyping
- Quantitative CT analysis of lung parenchyma, chest muscle and fat, coronary artery calcifications