Skip to content
Scroll To Top
Guodong Cao, Ph.D.
Investigator Research Interests
- Research Biologist, GRECC, VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System
- Associate Professor of Neurology, University of Pittsburgh
What are the 3 most important questions that define your research program?
- White matter injury after cerebral ischemia
- Neurovascular remodeling after cerebral ischemia
- Neuroprotection in cerebral ischemia
What are five key words that best describe your areas of interest?
- White matter injury
- Cerebral ischemia
- Stem Cell
What are up to 5 technologies, models, methods, analytical approaches or other forms of expertise that characterize your research program?
- Middle cerebral artery occlusion model and white matter injury model
- Lentivirus mediated gene expression in brain
- Protein transduction technology
- A battery of Behavioral tests
- Induced stem cell therapy