Skip to content
Scroll To Top
Alan Wells, M.D., D.MSc.
Investigator Research Interests
- Staff Pathologist, VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System
- Thomas Gill Professor of Pathology, Bioengineering, and Computational & Systems Biology, University of Pittsburgh
- Medical Director of UPMC Clinical Laboratories, University of Pittsburgh
What are the 3 most important questions that define your research program?
- How do cells respond to their micro-environment – using the two systems below:
- How does the microenvironment dictate the outcome of wound healing?
- How does the microenvironment alter cancer progression, metastasis and chemoresponsiveness?
What are five key words that best describe your areas of interest?
- Extracellular matrix
- Signal transduction
- Tumor invasion
- Tumor metastasis
- Wound healing
What are up to 5 technologies, models, methods, analytical approaches or other forms of expertise that characterize your research program?
- Molecular cellular biology
- Animal models
- Ex vivo all human microphysiological systems
- Systems biology and modeling
- Cell engineering