Umamaheswar Duvvuri, M.D., Ph.D.
Investigator Research Interests
- Staff Physician, Section of Otolaryngology, VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System
- Assistant Professor of Otolaryngology, University of Pittsburgh
What are the 3 most important questions that define your research program?
- Molecular changes associated with tobacco-associated squamous cell carcinomas
- Why do human papillomavirus associated cancers behave differently from conventional SCCa?
- Why do certain tumors remain recalcitrant to surgery, chemotherapy and radiation therapy? What are the mechanisms of resistance?
What are five key words that best describe your areas of interest?
- Treatment resistance
- Cellular physiology of Scca
- Ion Channels in cancer
- Cellular trafficking
What are up to 5 technologies, models, methods, analytical approaches or other forms of expertise that characterize your research program?
- Electron microscopy
- Mouse models of cancer- including patient derived xenografts
- Cellular trafficking of ion channels in cancer
- Cellular signaling of receptor tyrosine kinases
- Translational approaches using patient samples and clinical trials