Steven H. Graham, M.D., Ph.D.
Investigator Research Interests
- Associate Chief of Staff for Research, VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System
- Director, Geriatric Research Education and Clinical Center, VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System
- Professor and Vice-chair for Research, Department of Neurology, University of Pittsburgh
What are the 3 most important questions that define your research program?
- Role of UCH-L1 in neuronal function: ubiquitin proteasome system, axonal transport and synaptic function
- Effect of covalent modification of UCHL1 by reactive lipid species
- Role of UCHL1 in injury and recovery from cerebral ischemia, traumatic brain injury, neurodegenerative diseases and aging.
What are five key words that best describe your areas of interest?
- Ubiquitin-proteasome system
- Reactive lipid species
- Cerebral ischemia
- Traumatic brain injury
- Neurodegenerative diseases
What are up to 5 technologies, models, methods, analytical approaches or other forms of expertise that characterize your research program?
- Primary neuronal cell culture
- Animal models of cerebral ischemia and TBI
- Transduction of neurons with in vivo and in vitro with HIV TAT-fusion proteins
- Lenti viral infection of neurons in vivo and in vitro